Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rest and Relaxation

This week Joe's parents came up from the Mount Pleasant/Manti Area and took the boys home with them for a few days. I was nervous at first since this was Jacob's first time from me, and he is kinda a mamma's boy. He did really well, but he did have his Abba (Ammon) with him. They had a ton of fun with Papa and Grandma. Grandma works for Head Start so on the 24th of July they were able to ride in the Head Start bus in the parade. They threw toys out the windows and had a blast! Grandma also took them to the Museum in Fairview. They played outside allot. Jumping on the trampoline, swinging, playing in the water and just being with Aunt Amy Joanne and Grandma. They roasted Marshmallows and Hot Dogs! They have chickens and a horse. So the boys were in heaven. When Debi asked Jacob Sunday morning if he was ready to come home and he said "uhha aaah" meaning no way!

Joe and I had fun! We were able to go to two movies and spend time together! I was able to do allot of shopping with Shannon! We got so much wedding stuff done that we couldn't do with the boys! We missed the boys, but enjoyed the time we had. By Saturday I didn't know what to do with myself, so I sat down and read a book! I don't remember the last time I was able to start and finish a book!

Sunday morning the boys were home! Just in time to help get things ready for some of their uncles to go shooting with Joe. We got the food ready for dinner so that we could eat when they got back. It was great to see David, Amy Dawn and their son Kolton. As well as Uncle Michael! Kolton and Jacob are 12 days apart, so it is fun when we can get them together! Sadly we don't see them as much as we like, but we do enjoy the times that we can get together!

No comments: